Saturday 17 March 2012

Sopwith Dolphin - not giving up

I've had a brainwave about the Dolphin. As you will have seen from a recent post, I've started work on the decals, using a mixture of techniques, and it's looking reasonably promising, up to a point. But the trouble comes with the lazy S insignia. All the other markings are fine: I can print them out on the laser printer or cut them out of white decal film, or (for the "lift here" stencils) use decals from the spares box. But the lazy S has me stumped. I just can't make a decent job of it, but it was the insignia of 87 Squadron and I want to do a machine from 87 squadron. So what's the answer? Here's where the brainwave comes in. It's sort of like giving up, but not really. It's actually more like the realisation, after several months of hitting oneself on the head with a cricket bat, that there is no need to hit oneself on the head with a cricket bat.

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Brainwave but no details! Look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete