Thursday 2 December 2010

Sopwith Dolphin Retrospective No. 9 - Fuselage nearly finished

Now that I had got the engine in at last, I could add some final detail:
Yep, that's what 0.0005 horsepower looks like

 The structure in the middle of the cylinders is something to do with the carburettor. I have to admit I have no idea what the little tank at the front is, but it needs to be there so that you don't see a big void through the filler aperture in the forward decking.

The next step was to finish the forward decking and cowling and spray them good old Humbrol 27001:
Then all that remained was to put it all together and end up with this sort of result:
Well, I'm pretty pleased with that.

Next: a lot of tidying up and a lot of filler, and then some surface detail. But that's in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment